Because I feel it’s important to remember what it was like to be heavy so I never go back, I’ve decided to post this list of some of my top “dislikes” from when I was morbidly obese.
A few of these are meant to be a bit tongue-in-cheek, however, they’re all true.
I won’t miss…
1. Using beach towels after a shower (instead of the too small “regular” bath towels).
2. Not being able to cross my legs.
3. Feeling sweat in my fat rolls.
4. Being the largest person in the room regardless of gender.
5. Hating the way I look in clothes.
6. Hating the way I look without clothes.
7. Weighing more than, or equal to, my husband.
8. Having my fat keep jiggling after I’ve stopped moving.
9. Hearing “But you have such a pretty face.”
10. Shopping only in the plus-size department of a store.
11. Shopping only in plus-size stores.
12. Not going to the pool or beach because I’m afraid to wear a bathing suit.
13. People not looking at me, but looking through me.
14. Not feeling sexy in anything I wear.
15. Not feeling like I have “girly” curves.
16. Being pregnant and no one knowing until the 3rd trimester.
17. Needing a seat belt extender.
18. Not fitting in most chairs with arms.
19. Not fitting in amusement park ride seats.
20. Looking at booths in restaurants and wondering if I’ll fit.
21. Always having to worry if I’ll fit, or if I’ll break the thing I’m trying to sit in.
22. Buying clothes out of necessity, not because I like to shop for me.
23. Thinking I wear a certain clothing size, only to realize I’ve gone up a size since my last shopping trip.
24. Not being motivated to do anything because of my size.
25. Not being able to bend down and tie my shoes.
26. Not being able to paint my toes because it is hard to reach them.
27. Having difficulty getting in and out of soft chairs or couches.
28. My thighs rubbing together.
29. Having a muffin top on top of my muffin top.
30. Having to move myself out of the way to shut a compact car door.
31. My back hurting all the time.
32. My feet hurting all the time.
33. Feeling tired all the time.
34. Getting out of breath when doing daily activities.
35. Having to lift my panniculus for the OBGYN to check my uterus during a sonogram.
36. Only engaging in sedentary activities because I can’t do anything else.
37. Grocery shopping and feeling like others are looking in my cart and judging me.
38. Being afraid to cut my hair short because it will make my face look heavier than it already does.
39. Feeling hot all the time, even when the temperature is cool.
40. Looking older then I am because of my weight.